Followers

Friday 24 February 2012

Another Quiet Day at Home

So just as I was about to go to bed last night I was being called by a very upset, very scared little boy.  "MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY" Daniel screamed and cried.  I burst into his room and threw on all the lights and he was just laying in his bed rocking back and forth with his eyes closed tears and snot pouring down his face and he was beet red.  I had no idea what was wrong and went to pick him up and he was on fire!!!!!  He was so upset and scared he couldn't even tell me if anything hurt or what was wrong he just clung to me.  I snuggled him and undid his jammies to try to cool him off a bit and got him a little calmer.  He still couldn't really tell me what was wrong but I gave him some Tylenol and put a cool cloth on his forehead and snuggled him until he was ready to go back to sleep.  Once he was calm it didn't take him long to be ready to crawl back into bed.  He was like putty in my arms and really weak.  It was so sad :(  He went back to sleep no problem and had a solid sleep where I didn't hear from him until 8:00 this morning.  Obviously I was staying home from work with him today and he wouldn't be going to daycare.  It makes sense now why last night he was so tired so early and was actually asking to go to bed early and didn't want to eat supper or anything.

Today he is much improved thankfully!  His fever seems to have broke but he's still ever so slightly warmer than normal and a tad clammy.  He seems in pretty good spirits considering but is kinda lethargic and not really into playing.  He had some toast and milk this morning and is now watching "Mater and Finn" (Cars 2) and just chilling.  He seems to be left with a cold now and is very sneezy and has lots of bright green runny snotties EEEEEWWWWW!!!!!!  So staying home today and relaxing was still a good idea and hopefully he recovers fully quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment