Followers

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Hunger Games Manicures

In case you are not up on all the hype with the Hunger Games, China Glaze released a Hunger Games collection of nail polishes called Capitol Colors.  This was a much anticipated collection consisting of 12 unique polishes, one to represent each of the 12 districts.  The polishes are as follows:

Luxe and Lush – District 1 (Luxury)
Stone Cold – District 2 (Masonry)
Riveting – District 3 (Technology)
Hook and Line – District 4 (Fishing)
Electrify – District 5 (Power)
Fast Track – District 6 (Transportation)
Mahogany Magic – District 7 (Lumber)
Dress Me Up – District 8 (Textiles)
Harvest Moon – District 9 (Grain)
Foie Gras – District 10 (Livestock)
Agro – District 11 (Agriculture)
Smoke and Ashes – District 12 (Mining)
 
I was able to pre-order a few of the ones I was really looking forward to through the good ol' standby site http://www.nailpolishcanada.com/.  I purchased Luxe and Lush which is a gorgeous flake top coat unlike any of the flake top coats I currently own,, Stone Cold which is a black polish with silver flecks and is actually a matte finish, Riveting which is a bright and stunning orangey red polish (somewhat sheer/jelly) jam packed with gold shimmer, and Fast Track which is a fabulous nude polish also jam packed with gold shimmer.
 
I've now used each of these polishes in manicures and the formulas for all of them were very pleasing and I had no complaints.  The Luxe and Lush can be a little tricky if you try too thick of a coat as the flakes are very chunky, stiff and thick.  I also found that I had to use an extra coat or two of top coat on some nails as the thick flakes left a rougher finish on some nails and I actually filed a little bit at the end of one of the nails because a flake was sitting just near the edge of the nail and was causing it to snag.  But those things were easily fixed and I wouldn't really call them problems and definitely nothing that would cause me to not like or use the polish again.
 
So the first manicure I did with the Capitol Colors was on my Grammy Helen and she chose Stone Cold as the base and Luxe and Lush layered over top.  I only took a couple of pictures of them but here they are.
 



 
I used the other two Capitol Colors (Riveting and Fast Track) on a manicure on my own nails.  A giant chevron manicure as I like to call it.  I absolutely loved this mani and a few days later I wore one of my favorite shirts and realized my nails matched it perfectly LOL.  Here is how my Hunger Games giant chevron mani turned out.





As always, please feel free to comment and/or ask any questions.  Also please contact me if you are in Edmonton, Alberta and area as I do manicures out of the house for cheap.  $10 for a full manicure and only $5 for just a quick polish change or painting your toenails.  $15 for a manicure and painted toenails.

No comments:

Post a Comment