Followers

Sunday 30 September 2012

Pink Glitter Fixes Anything

L to R: China Glaze Calcium Gel Fortifier (strengthener & basecoat), Mrs. P's Nail Potions Pirate's Booty, Essie Luxeffects Shine of the Times, Rainbow Honey A Little Kindness, Essie To Dry For (top coat)
Good afternoon all, today I bring you a manicure that has taken me pretty much all weekend to perfect lol.  As usual I started out with a coat of the China Glaze Calcium Gel Fortifier which I also use to double as my basecoat.  It makes a gorgeously smooth surface and strengthens my nails at the same time.  As well, when I just do a french manicure or a gradient tip it has a little bit of a pink hue to it to to even out the colour of my nail bed and hide any staining that I have.  I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a good strengthener/treatment.  You can see my initial review of this product here.

I then did one coat of one of my original frankens Pirate's Booty.  This went on very nice and smooth and the glitters disbursed very well and with one generous coat I got more than enough coverage.  It was not total opacity but it was very close.

evening, artificial light, no flash
evening, artificial light, no flash
I then wanted to amp it up ever so slightly so I decided to add Essie Shine of the Times.  It was a subtle difference but it definitely added some extra depth and interest to the Pirate's Booty.  Shine of the Times is a glitter top coat from the Essie Luxeffects line.  It is a clear polish packed with shimmery iridescent flakies.  You can't actually see much (if any) of the Shine of the Times in the photos below as it is hard to capture on camera over top of all the glitter there already was with Pirate's Booty but in different angles it gave a mottled copper and green finish to the Pirate's Booty and gave it some much dimension and almost made it glow in a way.

indoors, daylight, no flash
indoors, daylight, no flash
After having this manicure for a whole day I was beginning to feel like Mr. T.  As gorgeous and pretty and glittery as Pirate's Booty is, I'm not a huge yellow gold person and it was feeling very blatantly yellow gold and I actually wasn't liking it a whole lot with my skin tone.  So after testing a few combinations I decided to cut the gold with some pink glitter, and we know pink glitter with improve anything and everything! ;)  I added Rainbow Honey A Little Kindness which is "Rose, white, gold, and soft green glitters floating in a delicate and sheer yellow base with an iridescent pink shimmer" (as described on the Rainbow Honey website).  The application was lovely and it went on very smooth.  I only used one coat as I just wanted to add a little extra to my current mani and just breakup the overall yellow gold feeling that I wasn't entirely digging.  It was the perfect match and did exactly what I was looking for it to do and I love how it turned out.

indoors, sunlight, no flash
indoors, daylight, no flash
I am very pleased with the finish of this manicure finally.  Took a little experimenting to get satisfaction but it was well worth it.  You can find Pirate's Booty in my etsy shop here.  Currently there are only mini bottles available and they are $4.00 CAD each plus shipping.  If you would like another look at Pirate's Booty you can check out my first blog post on it here.

indoors, daylight, no flash
You can purchase Rainbow Honey polishes at http://www.rainbowhoney.com/.  A Little Kindness is part of the Equestria Collection which I purchased the entire mini set of for $35.00 USD plus shipping (8 7 mL bottles of gorgeous glitteriness!).  The Equestria Collection is inspired by My Little Pony :)  You can also check out more about the Equestria Collection and other Rainbow Honey news and products on their Facebook page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment