Followers

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Shattered Manicure

L to R: Witchcraft Rockhard (strengthener & base coat), Sally Hansen - Love Rocks, Mrs. P's Nail Potions - Shattered, Essie - To Dry For (top coat)
Good evening Nail Potion fans!  Well both of my kids are in bed so I thought I'd finally take the time to share with you my most recent manicure done with one of my newest Potions, Shattered.  Shattered is a glitter polish made up of shredded black and white glitters in a clear base.  You can find mini bottles of Shattered in my etsy shop here and full-sized bottles of Shattered here.  Mini bottles are $4.00 CAD each plus shipping and full-sized bottles are $8.00 CAD each plus shipping.

This time I switched out my usual base coat/strengthener for Witchcraft's Rockhard.  This is also a fabulous strengthener and my next favourite after my usual China Glaze Calcium Gel Fortifier.

Next was one coat of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Love Rocks which is an awesome hot pink and had fabulous coverage in just one coat.

I then put one coat of my Mrs. P's Nail Potions Shattered over the pink and nothing but Shattered on my ring finger.  In order to get the best coverage for this polish on my bare ring finger nail I found that dabbing the polish on the nail and then kind of spreading the glitter around with the brush worked best and I got the best coverage.

And of course I topped that all off with one generous coat of Essie To Dry For.  I say generous because in all honesty I can tell you that there were some bits of the shredded glitters that stuck up but all was smoothed out with the generous top coat.

The results were as follows:
Indoors, natural light, no flash 
Indoors, natural light, no flash 
Indoors, natural light, no flash
Indoors, natural light, no flash 
Closer up shot.  Indoors, natural light, no flash
I am in love with this manicure and would go so far as to say this is one of my very favourites actually!  It's got a real awesome edginess to it but is still girly.  I think it's kinda rock 'n roll actually.  And well one of my all-time favourite colour combinations for anything, be it nail polish, fashion, room decor etc., is black, white and pink!!!

I'd love to hear any comments or feedback anyone may have on this mani.  And please if you have purchased and used Shattered, I would love to hear what you thought of it and see pictures of how you used it.  You can contact me by leaving a comment below or by messaging me on Facebook here or emailing me at mrspnailpotions@hotmail.com.

Furthermore, for those of you Nail Potion fans living in the Edmonton, Alberta, Canada area, I am pleased to announce that I am getting back into doing manicures out of my home for a mere $10.00.  I am starting to get the baby into a routine that I can figure out and he's not strapped to me and dependent on me every waking minute of the day anymore.  Appointments on weekdays will need to be during the day though as evenings are simply too busy and hectic as it is by the time the hubby comes home from work and I make and clean up supper and deal with the kids' bedtime routines etc.  As for weekends though pretty much any time of day is fine as my husband is here to help with the kidlets.  So if you are interested in a good but cheap manicure and possibly a unique manicure with one of my Nail Potions please use the same methods of contact as mentioned above.

No comments:

Post a Comment