Followers

Saturday 19 January 2013

Butter London Holographics

L to R: Butter London Dodgy Barnett, Butter London Trustifarian, Mrs. P's Nail Potions Hella Holo
Good afternoon all!  Today's post is brought to you by Butter London and Mrs. P's Nail Potions.

I've been super into the holo polishes lately and I've actually been after two Butter London holo polishes for quite some time; Dodgy Barnett and Trustifarian.  Well recently I was able to snag them on sale from Nail Polish Canada along with a bottle of Seche Vite dry fast top coat (which I got a coupon for 40% off).  I couldn't decide which Butter London polish to use first when I received my shipment so I decided they made a perfect pair and I was going to use them together in a mani along with even more holo, sparkle and dazzle courtesy of my very own creation Hella Holo (Mrs. P's Nail Potions).

On my left hand I used Dodgy Barnett with two accent nails in Trustifarian.



Then added a glitter gradient of Hella Holo at the base of my nails which is a silver holo glitter bomb with super fine holo glitter, medium holo hexes and holo bars.



On my right hand I did the opposite effect using Trustifarian and two accent nails in Dodgy Barnett (same glitter gradient).



Dodgy Barnett is a grey/silver polish with a scattered holo effect.  The polish applies like...BUTTER...pun INTENDED LOL :D although it's fairly shear.  I applied three coats to make sure I had full opacity.  I could have stopped at 2 but under bright lights there was still a faint VNL so I applied 3.  The finish is super smooth and drying time was great!


Trustifarian is a golden sage colour with a scattered holo effect.  The formula was the exact same as Dodgy Barnett and a dream to apply.  As with Dodgy Barnett I used 3 coats to make sure there was not even a faint VNL under any lighting.  Finish and dry time were the same as Dodgy Barnett as well.


I topped everything with a decent coat of Seche Vite dry fast top coat which, as a nail polish enthusiast I am almost embarrassed to admit, is the first time I've tried Seche Vite.



This stuff is beyond AWESOME!!!!!!  I wish I hadn't waited so long to try it.  I always strayed from it because it is a little pricier compared to a lot of other decent quick dry top coats and because I always heard of people's bottles getting thick and gooey before they got two thirds of the way through the bottle.  I used to always use Essie Good to Go or To Dry For.  While those are still favourite top coats of mine (formulas and application are amazing, Good To Go dries fairly quickly and gives a decent thick coat with just one coat and To Dry For dries super duper fast but is much thinner and not the greatest for gritty glitter manis), Seche gives a nice thick coat with just one coat, applies super smooth and dries super duper fast!  Plus it's sooooooooooooooo glossy and smooth!!!!!  My new top fave pick for top coats and I'll no longer stray from it no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some photos I took with my iPhone of this mani using my flash.  The flash with my actual digital camera was too much and just reflected like crazy and washed out the entire pic.  Whereas my iPhone flash was much less overpowering and showed the stunning holo effect of everything awesomely.



And lastly here is a side by side of both hands without the flash.


So what do you all think?  As always I welcome any comments, questions and feedback.

2 comments: