Followers

Wednesday 31 December 2014

New Year's Eve Mani! See Ya 2014!

Items used: Glisten & Glow Stuck on Blu! basecoat and HK Girl topcoat, Mrs. P's Potions What The Flair?! (holo topcoat), OPI Sheer Tints, rhinestones

Well believe it or not, 2015 is right around the corner!  2014 is on it's way out very shortly and I can't believe another year has already come and gone!  Where does the time fly these days?!  2014 has been a very interesting and fairly successful year and I'm looking forward to even more success, opportunity, memories and of course MANIS in the New Year :D


I'm very excited to share my NYE mani with you all today!  It's completely different from anything I've ever done before.  I was inspired by New Years fireworks but for the life of me couldn't figure out how to capture it using the products I had in mind.  Thanks to my bestie Kate, she suggested a splatter kind of design which I thought would work perfect.  Even more perfect was the fact I hadn't done splatter nails before so I was excited to try another new technique.  However, the products I wanted to use did not want to cooperate with the splatter technique so I improvised.


After applying my usual China Glaze Calcium Gel Fortifier (never do a mani without it) and my base coat of Glisten & Glow Stuck on Blu! I applied one coat of Mrs. P's Potions What The Flair?! (holographic topcoat) - pictured above.



Once the first coat was dry I applied a second coat of What The Flair?! - pictured above.

Check out that holo!!!!  And that's just under normal white LED light!  If only we had sunshine around here these days :P  To give you an idea of the full potential of What The Flair?! though, check out my YouTube video below! (3 coats with topcoat)


Anyway, back on track.  Darn holo distractions LOL ;)

The overall look/idea for this mani was inspired by Piggie Luv and her work with the OPI Sheer Tints over glitter, specifically:


I was excited to see how the holo of What The Flair?! would come through the Sheer Tints!

So as I said, the actual splatter technique wasn't working with the Sheer Tints.  The tints were too thick to splatter and spread properly and I didn't want to add thinner as it would have dulled the colour and made them even more sheer.  So I took my fine brush and I simply took each of the Sheer Tints and hand painted asterisks/starbursts all over my nails until I got coverage I was happy with.  I then did just a few asterisks/starbursts with What The Flair?! overtop, added some colour coordinating rhinestones and sealed everything with a good couple coats of Glisten & Glow HK Girl.





Again, photos were taken under white LED light.  And even better...check out the macros!!!




I'm sooooooooooooooo in love with how these turned out and never want to take them off! :D

I can't wait to play more with the sheer tints too!

I hope you all enjoy this mani as much as me and I hope you all have your NYE manis figured out/done and I wish you all a very SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm looking very forward to 2015, personally and business wise, and can't wait to get started on so many new things and hopefully plan out the next step for my indie lacquer business!

Much love and thank you all for your continued interest and support this year! ox's

No comments:

Post a Comment