Followers

Saturday 3 January 2015

Girly Bits Cosmetics - What happens in Vegas...ends up on Instagram #234

Good evening from bitterly cold Edmonton, AB, Canada LOL.  I hope everyone has had a good start to their weekend.  Mine has been quiet and relaxing for the most part, we are staying inside where it is warm!  We've managed to drop to around -30 C for the weekend :( you'd never guess that a mere couple days ago the snow was melting, you could see the pavement again, and it was above zero.  Go figure!

Today I bring you photos and a review of the Limited Edition Girly Bits Cosmetics - What happens in Vegas...ends up on Instagram.  This was a LE lacquer that Girly Bits released after returning from their annual appearance at the Cosmoprof convention in Las Vegas in the summer of 2014.  It was created exclusively for a blogger/brand/stockist event co-hosted by Girly Bits and KBShimmer.  This is the second lacquer in the exclusive Las Vegas series, the first of which was What happens in Vegas...ends up on Facebook.  I missed out on that first lacquer but I made sure not to make the same mistake with this one.  I COULD NOT resist it from the moment I saw the very first swatches of it.  You'll see why very shortly :)  I got bottle #234.

NOTE: I did these swatches last September, just before I changed my nail shape from square to almond/stiletto.



What happens in Vegas...ends up on Instagram is a super bright fuchsia, hot-pink base.  It is a shimmery lacquer with its bright purple and pink micro glitters.  And as if that wasn't enough, it has a scattered holo finish as well!  It's super bright, super blingy, and super flashy...just like Vegas.

I was beyond impressed with the formula of this lacquer.  Just from staring at the bottle I couldn't wait to get it on my nails!  I was then super pleasantly surprised with how easily and well it covered in just one coat!  But, with a colour and glitter like this, why would you stop at just one coat?!  I used two coats total, topped with one of my own scented topcoats.  I was so impressed at the depth of this polish in so few coats and the colour was just unbelievable.  I don't think I've ever seen a fuchsia polish as bright and blingy as this!  It really was perfect in every sense!



This was not the easiest polish to capture on camera.  My camera had a hard time focusing due to the sheer brightness of the colour and all the complex glitter and shimmer shining with every tiny movement of my hand.  Believe me when I tell you that no photo will do this lacquer justice!

But to attempt to come close to doing this Girly Bits shade justice, I whipped out my macro lens and shot these few beauties:

Indoors, no flash, indirect natural light
Outdoors, direct sunlight
Outdoors, direct sunlight
In a further attempt to capture this amazing polish as accurately as possible on camera I also shot this video.  Check out all the amazing SHIMMOLO!!!!! (shimmer + holo)



If you were lucky enough to also get your hands on a bottle of this amazing pink polish then I commend and applaud you!  If you missed out then might I suggest you scour the internet looking for someone who may be foolish enough (cuz why would you give this baby up?!) to swap or destash their bottle.  It is a must have!  I'm sorry I did not get around to doing a blog post on it sooner when it was still readily available.  If we're lucky though, Girly Bits will hopefully continue with their trend of releasing these exclusive Vegas lacquers after their return from Cosmoprof and we will have a brand new What happens in Vegas... lacquer coming to nails near you summer 2015!  And if we are even luckier, they will also continue with the re-releasing of the previous Vegas shades for a limited time while the new one is available.  FINGERS CROSSED!

Girly Bits Cosmetics is located in Ontario, Canada and is THE pioneer Canadian indie polish brand.  Handcrafting quality polishes since 2011, it is the longest running Canadian brand that I know of.  The founder and creator, Pam Heil, is an amazing, kind, and generous woman and clearly has an eye for amazing polishes!  I don't have many Girly Bits polishes (SHAME ON ME!) but I can tell you I will have more in the future.  I do however order supplies regularly from their website for my own indie lacquer business and their customer service is top notch!

Girly Bits Cosmetics can be purchased directly off their website at http://www.girlybitscosmetics.com.  Or you can also purchase from any of the following e-railers:

No comments:

Post a Comment