Followers

Monday 26 January 2015

Winter Watermarble

Hi everyone!  So today I have a wintery water marble nail art look that I did awhile ago.  It's still winter here in Edmonton, AB, Canada so no biggie posting it at this time of year LOL.  Although, believe it or not, we've got more spring-like weather right now than we do winter.  Mother Nature just can't get her crap straightened out around here LOL.  But I'm not complaining, I for one pretty much dislike winter so the less winter weather the better I say!  My only concern is that we'll probably pay for it later on and pay for it HUGE...

Anyway, I did this nail art back in December, just before Christmas.  I had been trying out water marbling and not really having any great luck.  I love the look but was finding it so troublesome to actually have a successful mani done with the technique.  It clearly requires a lot of practice.  This was my first water marble that I was actually happy with the results of and really quite loved.  Still had some things to improve on and I did have to redo a nail or two to get the final look but all in all I'd say I persevered and came out on top!

With flash to show the holo better

So for this look I did the two accent nails in two coats of Mrs. P's Potions LE You Don't Know Jack Frost! which is a silvery grey holo creme with sparks of fine sky blue holo hexes.  I then stamped over those using Bundle Monster plate #213 and just a white base polish I use for mixing white and creme lacquers.  Then I added a few iridescent rhinestones.

Here's a macro at the middle finger accent nail.


For the water marbled nails, I started out with a white base on the nails and used the following for the water marbling:
Here is a macro of my thumb nail.


For a closer look at You Don't Know Jack Frost! you can check out a quick video I did of a previous mani using just two coats and a topcoat.


So what do you guys think of this look?  Any of you struggling with water marbling?  I'd love to hear any tips and tricks you've figured out along the way.  Goodness knows I could use all the help I can get! LOL

Thanx for checking out today's post! :)

- Bree ox's

No comments:

Post a Comment